Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Cleaning bath toys!

Now that life has started to slow down (more like I'm getting used to the craziness) I thought I would take a whack at this again! I think it's so cool to see my blog friends who are able to stay up to date with their blogs!! Kinsey is almost 18 months old, talks my ear off, and is certainly trying to be independent. She has 11 teeth and is growing like a weed (more about that later!)

While beginning to pack my little family for our big move this weekend, I decided it was about time I cleaned Kinsey's bath toys! So after perusing Pintrest and my favorite DIY blogs, I came across a formula for a vinegar mixture. I've learned a lot about white distilled vinegar these past couple weeks. One is that it's a natural disinfectant and keeps harsh chemicals from harming by sweet girl! I have started making many mixtures using white distilled vinegar and it has made cleaning my house so much easier and cheaper too! I came across Heather's blog that gave a few ways to clean bath toys and it was a total success! 

 http://welovebeingmoms.blogspot.com/2012/07/how-why-to-clean-bath-toys.html



Since my tub needed a good cleaning too I just put her toys in my tub with hot water and 1/2 cup of vinegar. I let the toys soak, scrubbed the foam letters/numbers, and was sure to suck some of the mixture into the squirt toys to be sure the insides got clean.

It worked like a charm and I didn't have to worry about bleach getting soaked up and Kinsey accidentally ingesting it!



 For more ideas of how to use vinegar check out this website!!

http://www.vinegartips.com/scripts/pageViewSec.asp?id=7

Kinsey's love and mine,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment