Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The One About September 11th

It remember it like it was yesterday, it's amazing it's been 11 years. I was in the 6th grade, about to turn 13, at Coppell Middle School West. I had just gotten out of 3rd period P.E and heard everyone talking about these towers being hit. I had no idea what the Twin Towers were so I kept going on with my day. During fourth period English the principal came onto the intercom and announced that New York City had been attacked by hijacked planes. We instantly looked to our teacher to see how to react. She turned the T.V on and let us watch the news. That whole day was focused on the events that had happened. Kids were being pulled out of school, lessons were postponed, and there was a silence about the school. 



As a selfish 12 (almost 13) year old, the first thing I thought was "how is this going to effect my birthday". My Thirteenth birthday was planned at the Embassy Sweets in Grapevine, just down the road from the Dallas/Fort. Worth Airport. When we went up there to confirm our reservation, they told us the hotel was booked due to the attacks on the Twin Towers. I was angry, they had ruined my birthday.

Looking back on that day I can see what a total selfish brat I was. Here were these people who had gone to work like any other day, and they died. Their families lost them forever and I was worried about my birthday. Birthday's come and go, but those people lost their lives. 

Now that I am a mother, I think of this day so differently. Kinsey has yet to experience something so full of hatred and is still so innocent. She still believes the good in people and only has good experiences. I hope she never has to go through something like the families involved in September, 11 did. It is my hope that she lives a life full of happiness.

My patriotic little angel

God Bless our Troops and those that lost their lives in this tragic event!

Kinsey's love and mine,

Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment